Monday, March 23, 2015

Alumni Affairs work experience

Alumni Affairs work experience 
Henry   Fayol   established   several   principles   about   management.   He thought that management was not only a word, it was a science that should be studied. He believed in management was an important part in organizations.  Fayol’s recommendations   were   based   in   his   principles,   but   also he believed in motivation.
Throughout my internship experience, I’ve gotten to understand a lot about management as I adapted to a business environment. One of the most important principles that I have learned over these past two weeks is that the way an employee feels is the way they will develop their work. So motivation from subordinates is a big deal as this will make the employees more efficient and comfortable in their position and task. This idea is sort of like the principle that Fayol mentions, Remuneration. My subordinates at the Alumni Affairs have done nothing but motivate me whenever I would develop projects for them, which has given me a drive for productivity and creativity in my work.  
Another principle that I have come to understand at this internship is based off the principle ‘Unity of Command’. This principle came in effect when I had respond to two different bosses at work. In the beginning of my internship, I had different projects coming from two different superiors of mine and I came to realize that this increased risks of poor communication and conflicting directives. To eliminate the confusion in the workplace, by first communicating to the bosses and to see who really is my supervisor to clear the air. This has made me realize that with fewer communication issues to contend with, employees may perform their work more easily. When this issue got solved, questions were directed to one person and responsibility for mistakes was more easily identified.
I have come to understand that knowing about management is very important to the success of any company. When you learn about management then and only then can you run a respectable business. Some benefits of understanding management in an organization is how it can build learning organizations by making learning routine. Also, the knowledge of management also facilitates decision-making capabilities and the bigger picture is that it can stimulate cultural change and innovation.  
Fayol’s influence had been definitely appreciated for me and for all managers nowadays. His influence is not just related to business managers. It is important for all kind of managers, beginning from a group of 3 to 4 people to groups of employees up to 100.  Fayol has given me a great knowledgeable foundation about management it has been of good use to me throughout my internship experience at the Alumni Affairs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty vận chuyển hàng hóa quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi úc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete